Thursday, April 4, 2013

Quick Mail Center Makeover

In organizing and decorating the entryway, it was clear that we needed a mail center. Previously, mail tended to pile up on the dining table or on our desks. Neither was a good solution. But I really wanted something that had three slots, rather than the typical two: one for me, one for Sean, and one for outgoing mail. I finally found this mail organizer at the local thrift store:


It has the three slots, and I like the rustic flower carving on the front piece. But the black wasn't right to go on our dark wood shoe cabinet in the entry. So it got a paint job:


Now it's a nice blue, a shade deeper than some frames I had repainted for the entryway and living room last month. It pops nicely against the dark wood, and brings a sense of unity to the entry and living room.

Here it is in place:





I still need to get that one picture up on the wall, and maybe something else for height. Right now the top of the cabinet seems very much all one level to me. Any ideas/recommendations?

This is a top shot of that decorative plate on the cabinet. I picked it up at Marshall's a while back. Sean and I went to Monterey on our honeymoon, and the sea bird here reminds me of the trip. It goes well with the jar of shells and brown sea glass too, and together they make me happy when I walk in the door.


Linking up to One Project at a Time over at A Bowl Full of Lemons

No comments:

Post a Comment