Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Friend-filled Weekend

Although I had big plans of cleaning and organizing the office this past weekend, that got put on hold to reconnect with some old friends.

Friday night I had dinner with two ladies who I was in Girl Scouts with for most of my life. One, I first met in second grade when wee both joined Girl Scouts; the other joined our troop in fourth grade, and she and I did our Gold Award project together. (For those that don't know, the Gold Award is the highest award in Girl Scouts, and is the equivalent of being an Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts.) We had a great dinner at Horatio's in San Leandro, then played a new board game called Pandemic. It was a fun evening!

On Saturday Sean and I got to know the local farmers market, went to the library and did homework; our usual schedule for Saturdays.

Sunday afternoon we went down to San Jose to see an old friend of Sean's from Boy Scouts. The friend is getting married next month, and it was really nice to spend some quality time with the couple before the stress of the big day sets in!

To cap off our weekend of friends, a close friend from Cal Poly was in town visiting, so we took her to one of our favorite haunts for dinner and some catching up.

I have a lot of work coming up for school and my plays, but I will try to be back soon with some good DIY, garden updates, and room reveals!

No comments:

Post a Comment