Thursday, April 18, 2013

3 Easy Spring Centerpieces

I love to decorate with seasonal items all year long, but spring is my favorite time to bring nature inside. Between the fresh flowers, the fruit, the herbs...nature has practically done my decorating for me! Here are a few of the centerpieces I've done on our dining table over the last couple of weeks:

For Easter, this simple arrangement of wooden and gold eggs in a wooden tub is festive and also reminiscent of freshly gathered eggs.




The wooden eggs (both natural and painted white) were found at Michael's; the gold eggs were from my mother-in-law in our Easter baskets.


I like to keep fresh fruit on the table as much as possible. It's my default centerpiece, since it looks nice and having fruit in sight every day encourages us to eat it. Here's an arrangement from last week, when we had four oranges. I picked some nasturtium and sorrel blossoms from our balcony to add some height and color.




Lastly, our current fruit selection. Maybe not the most artistic fruit arrangement (3 oranges, 2 apples and one lone avocado) but it shows how simply swapping out the cake platter changes the feel of the table. Plus, you can see that these really are centerpieces that are meant to be eaten!



I love how good produce can be the best dining room or kitchen decoration! Especially at this time of year. I hope you're able to enjoy the spring produce, even if the weather doesn't yet feel like spring in your area!

****
Linked up to:
 One Project at a Time over on A Bowl Full of Lemons.


No comments:

Post a Comment