Friday, March 28, 2014

Design Finds of the Week #6

This week I want to share some more great images I've found in my thesis research.

This image of St. Edward's Parish Church in England has been a huge inspiration. I found a lot of uncredited images of this beautiful Gothic door grown over by two yew trees, but eventually traced them back to a few Flickr accounts and this website. It was actually through Wikipedia that I was finally able to find the correctly sourced photo I had been seeing all over Pinterest. Yet another reminder to check out the Pinterest links before blindly pinning!

 
© Copyright Martyn Gorman and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons License


Another beautiful yew tree, this one at St George's Church in Cowhurst, England:

 
 © Copyright Tim B

Yew trees are so amazing. Did you know that they are often hollow inside as they grow? So fantastic and so peculiar...I am enjoying finding images of these trees to inspire aspects of my thesis! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment