Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Happy Anniversary, House!

As of last Friday, we've had our beautiful Colorado home for one year! It's been a great journey so far turning this house into our home, and I have a number of projects coming up in the next few months as well. To celebrate one year here, let's look at a few of the things we've accomplished to make the house ours:

One of the first projects I tackled here was my home office. I stripped the peeling wallpaper, primed the walls, and painted it a nice pale blue-gray. Then we put up the wall shelving that was above the desks back in CA.
 before

 after

I also updated the downstairs powder room with a beautiful blue (called San Francisco Bay) and a new mirror.
before

 after

We installed a compost bin, hiding it behind some white lattice fencing and new plantings to make it HOA compliant.


And we took the guest room from a little girl's dream room into a sophisticated and relaxing place for friends and family to visit.

 before

after

I'm looking forward to all the updates and projects I have planned for the next year! Here's to many more years, house!

No comments:

Post a Comment