Monday, January 26, 2015

Half Bath Updates

The downstairs half bath looked like this when we first moved in:


It was a dark brown, and since it is one of the few places in the house that gets absolutely NO natural light, it felt just that much darker.


It was so dark that I actually had to prime before I could even start thinking about what color to paint. We lived with it like that for a few weeks. Not exactly pretty, but already so much lighter than the brown!


I eventually settled on Benjamin Moore's San Francisco Bay. I admit, I bought the sample pot simply because of the name. But I loved that it was a deep enough color to give some character to the little room without being overwhelmingly dark. We also bought a new mirror, a quick and easy way to update a bathroom and give it more personality. The mirror we bought is the Segovia mirror from World Market.

The walls still need something on them. I'm thinking maybe doing some sort of display cabinet with my grandparents' sand dollar collection. Luckily because this is a half bath, I don't need to worry about the humidity that is a consideration for bathrooms with showers. What would you hang? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment