Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bay Bridge Lights

Have you heard about the light installation on the Bay Bridge? Artist Leo Villareal designed this light sculpture on the east span of the bridge. It's best seen from near Pier 14 in San Francisco. It opened March 5, and will run through 2015.





On Friday, we went with my cousins-in-law and sister-in-law to see the lights. We especially wanted my "nieces" (cousin's kids) to see the lights -- and it was the 2-year-old's first trip into the city too! She was up way past her bed time, but what a trooper! Despite the cold she smiled and pointed at the moving lights the whole time.


My older "niece" -- hard for kids to stay still for long exposure photos!

My camera doesn't quite capture the beauty of the different patterns, but I got some nice pictures anyway. I definitely recommend checking out the installation yourself if you're in the SF Bay!








No comments:

Post a Comment